The Intro: Creating Wealth Through Buying Businesses
Module 1: Everything You Need to Know About Picking an Industry and Creating a Bulletproof Investment Thesis So Your Growth Potential Isn't Slowed or Unprofitable
Module 2: Everything You Need to Know About How to Recruit a World-Class M&A Team Without Wasting a Ton of Time or Equity
Module 3: Everything You Need to Know About Recruiting World-Class Accounting Representation So You Are Strongly Protected While Avoiding Exorbitant Fees (What Matters vs. BS)
Module 4: Everything You Need to Know About Recruiting World-Class Legal Protection for Your First Transactions
(Including What Few Know To Avoid Paying Exorbitant Fees)
Module 5: Cultivate Endless Deal Flow in an Efficient Matter, Fluff & BS vs. What Works (Arguably the Most Important Thing)
Module 6: Analyzing Investments, Business Valuation, and Performing Due-Diligence: What You Need to Know to be Successful (See the Vault for More on This)
Module 7: How to Negotiate Price and Terms with Sellers Like a Veteran Dealmaker
Module 8: How to Sell Your Deals to Banks and Get Lenders Competing to Finance Your Acquisition (Including the Seller)
Module 9: Everything You Need to Secure an SBA 7(a) Loan for Your Acquisition (for US Only)
If you have any questions about SBA loans, Jason has procured over 7-figures in SBA loans.... He has also obtained 4 different types of SBA loans -- 7(a) acquisition financing, 504 financing (real estate), 7(a) working capital financing, 7(a) growth capital financing... probably the 4 most popular SBA loan types.
You can ask any questions you have in the members-only FB group or on consulting calls, but a ton of your questions and more "inside information" will be answered just by seeing the training content in the program.
Unlike other consulting companies, we do not take a percentage off the top of your loan for helping you get an acquisition financed. We take exactly 0%. We show you everything we know in our SBA training videos and docs titled above in module 9, and then we send you out to be successful.
We don't hold anything back, and we have nothing to upsell... and we never will. Over 99% of the members in the program have not purchased anything else from us. Less than 1% of our members ask to talk with Jason 1-on-1, which costs extra for Jason's time, but other than that, this is the only thing we sell. Literally.
Again, you will be able to ask any question you have on SBA loans in the members-only FB group or on consulting calls and Jason will answer.
Module 10: How to Raise Equity (Cash) the Right Way So You Can Close on Grade "A" Companies that Will Never Offer You Significant Seller Finance Because They Can Command Cash From Other Buyers
Module 11: Management/Operations and Growing the Revenue of Your Newly Acquired Company
Bonus 1: Jason's Legal Vault ***aka Deal Docs You Can Give to Your In-House M&A Lawyer
NOTE: Most of these legal docs were drafted by an M&A lawyer who was Ivy League trained and has worked for big firms on deals in private equity & venture capital and closed well over 100 deals worth over $35 billion dollars.
Brighter Living Properties (First 7-Figure Deal):
Brighter Utilities (Second 7-Figure Deal):
Bonus 2: Jason's Vault of Recorded Calls and Webinars / Case Studies with Other Acquisition Entrepreneurs
Bonus 3: How to Succeed as a Founder
Bonus 4: Access to Video Replays of all past Q&A Zoom calls that Jason has Completed with fellow Acquisition Entrepreneurs
On the recorded Zoom calls listed below, Jason has answered literally hundreds of questions about specific deals and virtually anything else you can imagine regarding small cap M&A.
We recommend you watch them because Jason shows members what they are doing wrong, and what they need to do to fix it (many people make the same mistakes...).
In watching these Q&A sessions you see many different paths one can take to be a successful acquisition entrepreneur. We have many students in different industries, with different challenges, and you can learn from both the mistakes and the successes.
Free Bonus 4: Get Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group to Connect with Jason and Acquisition Entrepreneurs Across the Globe
(Post Questions to Jason and Others, Post Deals You Have Questions On, etc.)
Free Bonus 5: Real-Time Accountability/Progress Tracking w/ other members of the program
Totals (and counting)
The answer is yes, there are approximately 12 million businesses that you can purchase in the United States alone. There are tons of baby boomers out there that need (or will need) an exit! Here is how the California Association of Business Brokers sees it in a recent article they posted (this is copied word for word so you know I didn’t misconstrue their words).
The Baby Boomers (about 70,000,000 of them) are poised to make a great impact on the American economy.
- Retiring Boomer business owners will sell or bequeath $10 trillion worth of assets over the next two decades.
- These assets are held in more than 12 million privately owned businesses.
- More than 70 percent of these companies are expected to change hands.
- The sale of almost 12 million businesses over the next 10 to 15 years represents a significant increase in the annual number of businesses that will be sold (addition: this is the best scenario for us buyers of businesses… high supply, and low demand!!).
- The 12,000,000 businesses likely to change hands over the next 10-15 years might involve a large number of boomer-to-boomer sales.
- Ironically, now small business ownership is seen as much more safe and secure than working for a large company.
- So, in the coming decades, not only are we likely to see millions of Baby Boomers selling businesses they now own, we will also see additional millions of Boomers (who’ve spent their lives working for someone else), buying businesses. The next two decades will see a significant increase in the number of small and mid-sized businesses being bought and sold by Baby Boomers, in addition to the other generations of Americans that business brokers regularly deal with.
Here is the link to the full article.
You read that correctly. There will be so many companies for sale in the coming years, so much so that baby boomers (one of the greatest, most pro-business generations) are going to buy MORE companies.
There has never been an opportunity like this for a young acquisition entrepreneur!
10 trillion dollars worth of assets will change hands! Motivated sellers left and right! 12 million privately owned businesses up for grabs. And in the majority of cases, the kids don’t want to take over the family business anymore! Absolutely crazy.
I know I am going to take advantage rather than sitting on my ass.
No, you do not need cash of your own to buy a company. You can raise a small down payment from an equity investor or you can use seller finance/seller equity.
Yes, it is easier to buy anything when you have more money. This idea has been floating around that it is easier to buy a business with less money in your bank account because you can just use seller finance. Again, a completely asinine idea started by someone who isn’t actually buying companies. More money/net worth means you have a better credit rating, more collateral, more money to put down, more money to invest in the company, more money to travel to see business owners, more money to focus on acquisitions 100% of the time – the list goes on. But most of all, you just have more leverage with everyone in life when you have more money (including bankers, sellers, investors, and even employees). You are just more attractive to everyone when you have more money.
But this doesn’t mean you need to be rich to get started towards your path to massive wealth. The worst thing you can do is not get started today.
“Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
No, everyone can’t buy a business (everyone is not willing to make the sacrifices necessary). This program is not for people with low energy. It takes a strong-willed person to make this program work. No results are guaranteed. This program is for people who are willing to put in the work, take some risk, tackle problems when they arise, and self-generate success.
Yes. You can view the legal agreement on the following page.
If you are a person that frequently gets refunds or backs out of commitments, then you are probably not a good fit for this program. This program works best for committed entrepreneurs with no backup plan. Furthermore, we have one of the least expensive products in this space (about the same price as a community college or university course, with at least 10X the value of a community college or university course). Because our program is less expensive than others and more valuable, fraudulent activities take place when we allow refunds. For those reasons and the others mentioned here, we don’t allow refunds.
Refund and Return Policy:
You agree that all purchases made with us are final. Given the confidential and privileged information contained in the program (see curriculum) and services provided by Jason Paul Rogers and Stress Becomes Power Inc., we have a strict zero refund and return policy. You agree when transacting with and ultimately purchasing from Stress Becomes Power Inc., Jason Paul Rogers, and/or any services provided by Jason Paul Rogers, that any/all transaction(s) or purchase(s) are final and non-refundable.
Yes. Although this isn’t ideal, there are a few reasons why one would do this.
(1) You have a 5 – 10 year window to start buying companies from baby boomers. Baby boomers will continue to retire rapidly during the next 5 – 10 years. The sooner you get into buying and selling companies the better. Indeed, there are TONS of opportunities right now! Other people are realizing those opportunities! That could be you!
(2) You will never lose access to the program. If you invest in the program, the program is yours. We suggest people get through the program as quickly as possible so they are confident and well-equipped when starting the process. But, you can certainly invest in the program now and run through it and then circle back on it later when you are more prepared to take action, follow the process, and make your first acquisition. Maybe you are in school. Maybe you are in a less than ideal living situation or financial situation (FYI we do not suggest people who are in debt to buy this program or any program out there – get yourself out of debt first). Maybe you are moving or are going through some sort of career change. Whatever it is, you don’t have to start taking action tomorrow in this program – although we recommend it strongly. We have seen people take the long-term approach and still be successful. Lastly, we hope, if you are in that long-term boat, that by going through the program we can help you speed up the process of getting to your first acquisition whether by motivation, confidence, or using the business knowledge presented in the program to propel yourself to a place to where you are prepared to begin taking action. Again, ideally, we recommend you come right out of the gate swinging, but we understand that everyone is in a different situation in their life.
(3) You will get access to all updates to the program. This means, that as I myself and my clients buy more companies, we will continue to add what works best. And we won’t be adding content from the beach or from a rented vacation home like some of the “gurus.” We add content from the trenches.
(4) We reserve the right to (and very well may) increase the price of the program as we do more deals and our students do more deals. As anything in life, when you get more successful and generate more results, you have the liberty to increase your prices – another perfect reason why you need to start now so that you can get to that point. It works the same with buying companies – when we started we went after smaller deals and we had to “sell” more to banks and sellers because we were the new, unproven kids on the block. Now, we still go after some smaller deals when they make sense, but we also go after larger deals simply because we have the competence, confidence, and experience to do so.
This program can be applied to virtually all sectors – but will be most successful in growing industries that lack a plethora of buyers. From online stores to landscaping companies to funeral homes – there are many options. This program is easiest to execute in service-based industries, given the multiples are lower and access to financing is easier because there is a higher debt service coverage ratio… because the multiple is lower. But, we are speaking very general here. This doesn’t apply to every situation.
Lastly, this program is harder to execute in real estate industries because (1) there are more buyers, and (2) buying hard assets is equity capital intensive. This means, you will need to have access to equity (either your own cash or investor capital) to do even small-sized real estate deals. If you don’t have access to 6-figures in equity, then real estate is not the quickest way to Rome. Although, you can buy real-estate on the side with the cashflow of other businesses to diversify and multiply your money.
Yes and Yes.
Read the question above titled “Are there enough businesses for me to buy.” You’ll see that you can become a great asset to a company in the next 10 – 15 years if you understand how to buy companies from retiring baby boomers (or any business owner).
If you already own a company, even better. You are actually better positioned than anyone to make an acquisition. Chances are you have more than enough money to buy a medium sized company easily and you’ll have a lot more leverage all around including when building an M&A team, talking to motivated sellers, during due diligence period, getting the financing, running the company, valuing prospective companies, etc.
When you are younger (in your 20s), you have less responsibilities, less risk, and more time to learn than when in your 40s. However, when you are older, you likely have more experience, more savvy, and perhaps – more money. Assuming you’re not in debt, the perfect time to start is now.
I didn’t have any M&A experience when I started. I don’t have an MBA and I wouldn’t recommend you waste your time, when this single program is probably better than you course These two things do not heavily predict success with this program or entrepreneurship in general when starting out.
Mergers and acquisitions is alive and well in nearly all countries (certainly western culture / capitalistic countries). M&A is absolutely vital to an economy. Businesses exchange hands constantly. Every business owner has a life cycle. At some stage, everyone exits.
The only countries we know of that this program does not really work in is Russia and North Korea – and some other authoritarian countries. Most of our clients are in the US, CAN, UK, AU, or somewhere in Europe.
Two important questions.
(1) If you have been a salesman in your career already, then you are perfect for this program. You must be a decent communicator/salesman to be successful with this program. Of course, it is better if you are a good communicator/salesman. Do you have to be a great salesman/communicator? No. Do you have to be able to speak in public? Certainly not – and you can slowly learn this over time. Is this something that must come inherently to you? Certainly not. I used to be a terrible communicator. Being a good communicator/salesman only takes practice – that is the secret. Practicing your pitches, presentations, cold outreach. Continually getting better. Pretty soon, you will not have to practice at all or very little because it becomes second nature.
(2) You must be able to read and write in a proper manner, whichever language your country speaks. Do you have to be Shakespeare? NO. However, you must be able write with either a strong high school or undergrad writing level. Otherwise, board members, sellers, bankers, etc. will be repelled by you. They all use proper grammar. So, you do the same. It is as simple as that.
What Students Are Saying & DOING...
Note: In addition to what you see below, we do have entrepreneurs who use our M&A training resources and are in the program who go on to be successful and do deals... and we never hear from them because they don't want the notoriety and/or they want privacy from other entrepreneurs who may be looking to copy them and compete in their industry.
Angela (insta, youtube) purchased her first salon/beauty biz in 2022 with none of her own money and no college degree. With room to expand & make bolt on acquisitions in the Tampa metro within a recession resistant industry like beauty, Angela is happy she took the plunge into learning to buy companies.
Omar, one of Jason’s year-long consulting program clients, recently purchased an auto repair and collision business. You can read here about the quality of the sector… Jason is extremely proud of Omar and is excited to see what he can do in the future.
An Australian client talking on a Zoom call w/ Jason:
Aussie client then closes 1st deal soon thereafter in the veterinary clinic industry:
This is a post in our public FB group that shows how Jason’s consulting and program saves his clients money by avoiding costly mistakes (there are many traps out there):
And many more:
Jason's M&A Timeline
— KB Mechanical (August 17th, 2021)
- Jason’s investment group Brighter Utilities purchases KB Mechanical to expand into commercial and residential HVAC in the Tampa metro.
- The company will come under the B&B Professional Plumbing & Air umbrella for synergies, cost-savings, brand-building purposes, etc.
- Deal Specs: 100% seller-finance with the AR and AP included in the transaction
— Patterson International Service Corp. (August 17th, 2021)
- On the same day KB was acquired, Jason’s investment group Brighter Utilities purchases Patterson International Service Corp. to expand into commercial and residential HVAC in the Tampa metro.
- The company will come under the B&B Professional Plumbing & Air umbrella for synergies, cost-savings, brand-building purposes, etc.
- Deal Specs: 103% financed by a private lender with the AR (but excluding the AP) included in the transaction (transaction over-financed by ≈3%, not including a recent growth capital loan procured on August 13th, 2021 – see below).
— B&B Professional Plumbing & Air (November 7th, 2020)
- Jason’s investment group Brighter Utilities purchases B&B Professional Plumbing and associated real estate in the Tampa, FL Metro (63% business, 37% real estate).
- Deal Specs: 82% SBA 504/7(a) blended loan, 18% seller finance, 8% private investor equity, 11% SBA working capital loan (transaction over-financed by ≈19%).
- In December 2020, Jason procured another working/growth capital loan from the SBA which represents another 11% of the total purchase price (transaction now over-financed by ≈30%).
- Organic Milestones:
- Tripled the revenue of the service department in April 2021.
- August 11th, 2021: Growth capital loan on an 8-year term procured to expand B&B in the Tampa metro (≈10% of the original purchase price for B&B, so at this point, the original transaction for B&B has been over-financed by 46%).
- August 13th, 2021: First day when more than 7 figures of value in two new projects was awarded to B&B (two new grocery stores being built in the Tampa metro).
- August 17th, 2021: Name changed to B&B Professional Plumbing & Air.
- The company has a 30-year history of outstanding relationships with large commercial retailers in the Tampa Bay metro. The company focuses on new commercial construction and ongoing service/maintenance, but is expanding into residential work as well. Companies such as Publix, LA Fitness, Aldi, HomeGoods, Winn Dixie, BJs, Westfield Countryside Mall, and Sprouts all trust B&B Plumbing with their plumbing projects. Many of these companies have asked B&B Plumbing to be their main plumbing contractor as they expand in Florida.
- B&B has high returns on capital (ROIC), significant growth prospects in Florida, and a competitive advantage amongst the utility service players in the Tampa metro.
— Sunset Acres Manufactured Housing Community & Storage Facility (August 9th, 2019)
- Jason’s investment group Brighter Living Properties purchases Sunset Acres just outside of Omaha, NE.
- Deal Specs: 88% seller finance, 12% private investor equity, and 5.5% working capital from a private equity investor (transaction over-financed by 5.5%).
- With a significant amount of economic growth and job growth, the area that BLP’s new housing community serves has a major supply-demand imbalance for affordable housing.
- Economic occupancy stayed at 100% for the community during the Coronavirus Pandemic and the property has been a success for investors.